Thursday, January 27, 2011

Is Google Translation Accurate


I was directed by my immediate superior to a create an article about the seven wonders of the world as my special output. He gave me one day to have it done however I knew I will run out of time.

I already got a thought of what to write however I'm doubtful on where to begin.

Actually I created an outline with many of wrongs, also a little bit of sentence and grammar order. To make it a little easy for me, I started first all the words in Filipino then I encoded the entire article in the google translator for the translation. As a matter of fact, I really had a second thought because I'm wondering "Is Google translation accurate?" or "How accurate is it?" was not sure on how accurate is google translator. I've heard a lot from my colleagues that this google translate is really very helpful although it does not give an accurate result because often, the translation is word by word and not by context.

An hour before the day ended, was wrap up with the article. I made the final project with images and notes. What eaten up most of my time was actually the research that I've done because I don't have enough data on the subject, but still, I was able to make it almost perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment